Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Goal is Heaven II

Yesterday I spoke a lot a bout the standing up and speaking up and loving others back to Jesus..
But what crossed my mind this morning was the idea of the fruit of the labor.
I find that most people in this world, sometimes including myself can't to see the fruit of there labors.
Especially when you know how hard you worked, or the heart that you put into it.
It is hard to walk away and just say, God I may never see the fruit, but that is ok, I did my part it's all good.

Well that is definitely easier said then done, especially when it comes to spiritual fruit.
I find that most of the time people will not give, unless they are getting. They hoard there talents, as if they were there's, and always say, okay I will do it, how much will you pay me, what do i get out of this etc.
It is usually not something that people hand out from there own self-lessness.

The fruit of the labor to me is good if I mean to see it, but as scripture says, some sow, some reap--but it is God who makes the growth. So really you or I are merely instruments of his great love for the world. Its like this when you get a job, you are trained to sell clothes so that people find what they need and look great in them. Once you are trained you are let out to make that sale, but also make that person happy. Sometimes people come back and let you know how the dress looked at the party or the shoes felt at the event. But sometimes you hand people there bags, wish them a great day and then well you may never se them again. The bottom line, the big thing to remember is that you did your part. That is all we are called to...we are called to do what God asks of us, but what God does with the labor is for Him to know and you to not always find out.

So it's interesting when we work, especially doing God's work, what is the motivation...His Glory or Ours. Wanting to know the fruit of a situation you have labored in, I think, is a pretty natural reaction. Sooner or later God may reveal truths to you to show you why he conceals what He conceals and reveals what He reveals. I think part of it is to remind us that we are not in charge and also that we are not doing the work we do for fruit, but for and imperishable crown of Glory. Truly for the Glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment